HWI Analytik was founded in 1991 by Dr. Stefan Wissel and Professor Dr. Hanns Häberlein in Rheinzabern in Southern Palatinate. The first laboratory was located in the backyard of Dr. Stefan Wissel's parents' pharmacy. The name HWI was formed from the initials of the surnames Häberlein and Wissel. The addition of the term “Analytik” describes the young entrepreneurs’ focus of activity at that time, which consisted in dealing with analytical issues. Over the years the services have permanently been expanded; the company looks back on continuous growth.
The number of employees at HWI pharma group increases to 150.
- HWI ANALYTIK GmbH takes over the remaining corporate shares of Sercona GmbH, Appenweier.
- For the first time the number of employees at HWI Analytik GmbH increases to over 90.
For the first time HWI Analytik implements a complete reference standard supply concept for the production site of a client.
LAZ GmbH & Co. KG, Tübingen, is integrated into HWI ANALYTIK GmbH, supplementing the service spectrum of the division Laboratory Services.
20-year existence of HWI ANALYTIK GmbH as well as founding of SR Pharmasolutions located in Hongkong.
Start of client workshops entitled „HWI conferences“
- Partnership between HWI ANALYTIK GmbH, Sercona GmbH (Appenweier), i.DRAS GmbH (Munich-Martinsried) and LAZ GmbH & Co. KG (Tuebingen)
- Relocation of the Laboratory for the Isolation and Synthesis of Natural Products to Rülzheim
- All departments of HWI ANALYTIK are located at one site again
- Construction of an administrative building in Rülzheim.
- Foundation of Sercona GmbH (Appenweier) as a subsidiary of HWI ANALYTIK with the objective of Pharmaceutical Research and Product Development
- Setup of Scientific Project Management
- Capacity expansion of the GMP Laboratory and Phamacovigilance
- 50 employees
Setup of Pharmacovigilance Department